MUSIC INDUSTRY STALWART
Having worked in and around the music industry in the UK and the Middle East for the best part of 30 years, Darren has been called a music industry ‘stalwart’.
Darren has promoted multiple music concerts; written for numerous music blogs and edited two music magazines; he’s provided marketing services for two world-famous recording studios; worked for two music-related membership organisations ensuring songwriters and composers are paid for their creativity; launched a radio station; worked with heritage and upcoming artists; created several promotions to support production music; launched music licences; been a member of the BRIT Awards voting academy; produced CDs, DVDs, books, radio programmes and TV shows; launched two music apps; an online game and spearheaded industry-wide campaigns to promote the music charts.
Here’s a look at some of his music chops – ‘stal’warts and all:
2020 - 2021
* iamCrü - responsible for social media to promote this UAE-based music blog
* Launched the UAE Music Powerlist with Lesley Wright * Ma'ana Music - responsible for social media for this Dubai-based music pr company
* secured playlist inclusions for established US & UK artists: Simon Shackleton, Garza, Tyler Stone
* pitched & sold TV shows and radio programmes:
* produced TV-advertised double CDs and developed an interactive DVD
* Credited in four music books
* Personally acknowledged in music biographies for Take That, The Killers and The Wonder Stuff.
* Rebranded CIN to The Official Charts Company
* Masterminded industry-wide campaigns for the 50th anniversary of the Singles Chart; Albums Chart
* Launched the Official Download Chart
* negotiated a major 3-year sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola